Some may say that Voicemail is a legacy solution, which is not to be used anymore in times of social media. However, there are still use cases where Voicemail is a viable channel in your support strategy.
Voicemail for Amazon Connect
You may implement these functionalities via AWS Cloudformation (work in progress), and adapt the implementation to your specific needs. For instance:
- Use AWS Polly Text-to-Speech (TTS) for your specific IVR announcements. Or use pre-recorded messages in your Amazon Connect Contact Flows
- Include Voicemail contact flow as part of your own Contact flow, for instance only during out-of-office time-frame or as overflow solution (also during business hours) for your contact center team
- Implement Voicemail only for, for instance, sales inquiry options in your contact flow
Obviously, these are merely a number of examples. You may use your own imagination on where our standard package best serves your implementation.
Treat them from within Salesforce
In an ideal world, your Sales and/or Support teams can do all their work from within Salesforce. So, that’s what we help you to achieve!
Our solution automatically creates the correct records in Salesforce. So your teams may do all what’s necessary straight from there. The following screenshots, show the automatic creation of a Case and its related Task – with integrated link to the recording Voicemail message:
In this example we:
- Retrieve the Contact record in Salesforce, based on the caller’s number
- Create the Case directly linked to the Contact that we found, and we also create a linked Task (to the Case) with the link to the recording included
- Put the new Case in a dedicated ‘Voicemail Queue’, from where your Contact Center agents may immediately process your customer’s question
Again, these screenshots are merely examples, and the implementation may get adapted to your specific needs. In case you need a Voicemail solution in your Sales team, then a new Lead or Opportunity, or just a Task linked to the specific Contact that called, may get created automatically in Salesforce.