An important question to answer when comparing on-premise communication platforms with cloud contact center solutions, may be budget! And what does it bring to your Salesforce project?
Organisation and processes
Obviously there’s more than only budget. Making the comparison between solutions is highly impacted by your organisation’s long-term vision and strategy. How do you want to manage your (support) organisation? What (support) processes will be impacted? How do you want to streamline your company?
More specifically, some of the questions that you want to answer are:
- What support channels will you service?
- When you operate in different countries, do you want to create one virtual support team across countries?
- May support people work from home?
- Do you work with external call centers? And if so, do you expect integrated reporting, independent of internal or external resources?
But what about budget?
Calculating the Return On Investment (ROI) must take into account organisational optimisations. But what
has a big impact as well, is the costs that go with both solutions.
It’s the typical tip of the iceberg question…having locally installed components requires:
- A large initial investment
- Internal competencies to install and support the infrastructure
- Specific security setup and knowledge
But why do you pay all that money for a Contact Center solution in the Cloud, and what does it bring to you? Why would you choose for solutions like Vocalcom or NewVoiceMedia to optimize your support team?
You may get a good first impression of the difference in costs via this link.
Budget and ROI are important questions to be answered! As well as functional and organisational questions which should be evaluated. And there’s more, of course. Would you like to get more information on where to start with your CTI project in Salesforce?